When Opinions.ie conducts online research, our invitations and questionnaires clearly identify us and explain the purpose(s) of our contact. When we contact you, we generally do so for one of the following purposes:
- To invite you to participate in survey research
- To conduct a survey research interview with you
- To validate answers you gave in a recent survey we conducted
- To update and to ensure that our records of your personal information are correct
Occasionally, we may contact you for one of these other purposes:
- To notify you if you have won a prize draw that we sponsored (if a relevant incentive);
- To ask for your permission to use your personal information for a purpose that was not explained to you when we first collected your personal information.
When you participate in our research, we may ask you for your personal opinions, as well as demographic information, such as your age and household composition. You may refuse to answer certain questions or discontinue participation in a study at any time.
If you join our internet research panel, you may rescind your membership at any time by following the opt-out instructions that we include in every e-mail that we send. We never knowingly invite children under the age of 16 to participate in research studies without taking measures to ensure appropriate parental consent.
Confidentiality of survey responses and contact information
We combine your survey responses in a given survey with the responses of all others who participate and report those combined responses to the client that commissioned the study.
We will never intentionally report your individual survey responses, except as described below. Your survey responses may be collected, stored or processed by our affiliated companies or non-affiliated service providers, both within and outside Ireland.
They are contractually bound to keep any information they collect and disclose to us or we collect and disclose to them confidential and must protect it with security standards and practices that are equivalent to our own.
In addition to keeping your survey responses confidential, we will never sell, share, rent or otherwise intentionally transfer your name, address, telephone number or e-mail address to our clients, other market research companies, direct marketing companies or anyone else.
The only exceptions when we may disclose your personal information or survey responses to third parties are as follows:
- You request or consent to sharing your identifying information and individual responses with the third parties for a specified purpose;
- In accordance with the ESOMAR guidelines, we provide your responses to a third party who is contractually bound to keep the information disclosed confidential and use it only for research or statistical purposes;
- In the rare but possible circumstance that the information is subject to disclosure pursuant to judicial or other government subpoenas, warrants, orders or for similar legal or regulatory requirements.
We may also share your personal information and/or social-demographic information, including, without limitation, a unique identification number (“UID”), postal code, gender, marital status, education, ethnicity/race (where permitted by applicable law), employment related information, and non-personally identifiable information on household members, with third party sample/market research companies (individually each a “Third Party MR Company” and collectively the “Third Party MR Companies”) for the purpose of identifying survey opportunities that you may be eligible for through the Third Party MR Companies. If you are eligible for a survey opportunity, the Third Party MR Company will provide your unique identification number and a survey link to us and we will invite you to participate in the survey. We will not share your name, email address, or phone number with the Third Party MR Companies. In connection with the sharing of your information with a Third Party MR Company, your information may be transferred and stored outside of your country of residence, including, without limitation, in the United States. If you have any questions about this data sharing please contact [INSERT] using the details below or alternatively you can opt-out of the [INSERT] here. Your participation in such survey opportunities does not entitle you to any benefits offered by, or membership with, the Third Party MR Companies.
If you join our internet research panel, you may rescind your membership at any time by sending blank e-mail with the subject ‘remove me’ to email@example.com or following the opt-out instructions that we include in every e-mail that we send. We never knowingly invite children under the age of 16 to participate in research studies without taking measures to ensure appropriate parental consent.